Monday, May 16, 2011

Yep, He's Gay

Handsome CNN anchor Don Lemon has just come out on the pages of The New York Times, as well as in his new book, Transparent.  A few years ago, he was approached by a publisher about writing an inspirational book and as he was writing, he found he was unable to hold back the truth of his life.  As he put it:

 “I think it would be great if everybody could be out, but it’s such a personal choice. People have to do it at their own speed. I respect that. I do have to say that the more people who come out, the better it is for everyone, certainly for the Tyler Clementis of the world.”



“I think if I had seen more people like me who are out and proud, it wouldn’t have taken me 45 years to say it, to walk in the truth.”

Well said, Don Lemon.  Congratulations and welcome. 

Chitika