Saturday, May 28, 2011

Quote of the Day

"Although this is not the time or the way that I wanted to come out, I feel actually very lucky, thanks to all the support that I've received from those people who are closest to me...As a black man, it can be a struggle to find acceptance within the community and at times with myself as well. But I'm proud of the man my mother has raised, and I make no apologies for who I am. There may be those who want to paint those in political terms. They'll say that this is a political liability to me. To me it's actually a gift form God.Through his grace and examples of thousands of members of the LGBT community who have come out often to great personal and professional risk, I have been blessed. It's your bravery and example that makes it possible for me to publicly and say to you, 'this is who I am and I have nothing to be ashamed of.'"

--Georgia State Representative Rashad Taylor, a Democrat, publicly coming out of the closet.  The boyfriend of Taylor's ex had sent a nasty email around the capitol accusing Taylor of using his position and state funds to procure sex.  The author of the email admitted that he has no proof for his claims.

Chitika