Monday, June 27, 2011

Quote of the Day

"I was a strong opponent of same-sex marriage. Fourteen years ago, Andrew Sullivan and I forcefully debated the issue at length online (at a time when online debate was a brand new thing).  Yet I find myself strangely untroubled by New York state's vote to authorize same-sex marriage -- a vote that probably signals that most of "blue" states will follow within the next 10 years.  I don't think I'm alone in my reaction either. Most conservatives have reacted with calm -- if not outright approval -- to New York's dramatic decision.  Why?  The short answer is that the case against same-sex marriage has been tested against reality. The case has not passed its test."

--David Frum, conservative writer and former Special Assistant to President G.W. Bush.  Right-wing opposition to marriage equality is crumbling and I predict that this will only accelerate.  Read it all here.      

Chitika